News > RBGC Course to reopen in Level 3
PermalinkPublished 31 Aug 2021
It's nearly here! The Wellington region will be in Level 3 from midnight on Tuesday, which means all you golfers will be able to get out there and practice your swing again. Until this time, we remain closed but after discussion the Committee have agreed that the course should reopen from Wednesday morning. The Clubhouse will remain closed until we get back to Level 2, but hopefully it won't be too long. Please make yourselves aware of the below regulations and ensure you follow them – we want to get back to normal as quickly as possible, sticking to the rules will help us get there.
- Book your round online. We rely on the booking system to manage numbers on the course and ensure physical distancing between groups is appropriate. Before you play, please make a booking online (you can pay applicable greenfees through this system also).
- Arrive on time and please get straight to enjoying your round, don't linger in the common areas. Note that scorecards are not available and any scores entered will not be accepted toward your handicap. We encourage you to use the DotGolf app to make your bookings and if you wish to score your round – this app is easily downloadable and free through your App store.
- Scan the QR code and turn on Bluetooth tracing. If you don't use a smartphone, make sure you keep a record of when you played and who you were with for contact tracing purposes. Our QR code is displayed on the Clubhouse door.
- Play within your immediate bubble. The Government directive is to keep your bubble small and immediate. No Club Days, matches or events are being held whilst we are at higher levels. So get out, enjoy the fresh air with your family (or without them - we know lockdown might have you craving some solitary time!) and keep to your own group. Tee bookings are limited to 4 people at a time, please don't join groups and maintain a 2m distance from others that aren't in your bubble.
- Touch Points. No flag pins, rakes or ball washers are available during Level 3. Our Clubhouse is also closed, which means no toilet or water facilities. Plan accordingly. There is sanitizer located at the entrance to the course, we encourage you to make use of it.
- No hire equipment or cart available until lower levels and business as 'normal' is resumed.
Finally, a reminder that it is the season for colds, flus and (sadly) Covid. If you are sick, are awaiting the results of a Covid test or have been exposed to someone that may have Covid 19 then please stay home.